The journal's Editorial Board has overall responsibility for commissioning, reviewing and editing content for the International Journal of Therapeutic Communities. The Board is recruited from clinicians, managers, academics and former service users who are acknowledged as experts in the field of therapeutic communities worldwide.
The Editorial Board currently comprises:
- Eric Broekaert: University of Ghent, Belgium (Substance Misuse)
- George De Leon: Center for Therapeutic Community Research at National Development and Research Institutes & Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine, New York, USA (Substance Misuse and Research)
- John Diamond: Mulberry Bush Organisation, Oxfordshire, UK (Children and Adolescents)
- Mark Freestone: North East London Forensic Personality Disorder Service; Queen Mary University of London, UK (Forensic Mental Health and Research)
- Victoria Green: University of Leeds, UK (Psychology)
- Rex Haigh: Consultant Psychiatrist, Berkshire; Project Lead, Commumity of Communities; Programme Director, Thames Valley Initiative; Clinical Advisor, National PD Programme, UK (Personality Disorder and Green Care)
- Fiona Lomas: PD Knowledge and Understanding Framework (KUF) trainer; a governor of the Oxon & Bucks Members Council, UK (Personality Disorder)
- Simon McArdle (Reviews): University of Greenwich, London, UK (Education)
- Steve Pearce: (Editor-in-Chief) Consultant Psychiatrist, Oxford Health
- Barbara Rawlings: University of Manchester, UK (Criminal Justice)
- Helen Spandler: University of Central Lancashire, UK (Mental Health)
- Rowdy Yates (Abstracts and Digest Section): University of Stirling, UK (Substance Misuse)
The Board's work is supported by our Journal staff member:
- Ginette Taylor (Journal Manager), Nottingham Institute of Mental Health, UK.